Soft, chewy, and thick, these cookies are full of real ingredients AND they’re satisfying.
I haven’t been baking quite as much as I want to be. It’s hard not being in my own kitchen! Like, I don’t have a strainer and I mix stuff in a pot because all of my bowls are packed up. But I think we’re on the homestretch. We are hoping to move to Florida by the 28th, fingers crossed!
I still try to have quick, filling snacks on hand. I also want to make something that my husband and father in law will enjoy. These cookies fulfilled all of it. They are delicious! They’re made with real ingredients like whole wheat, oats, peanut butter, coconut oil, and chocolate of course.
I absolutely love the thickness of these cookies. The peanut butter flavor is robust and it’s the perfect amount of sweet. I really enjoy the whole grain in these. It combines all of the flavors nicely. This recipe makes 12, but I will definitely have to double it next time if I want to have them around for more than 2 days.
These are a crowd pleaser. They will happily please your husband, children, and friends… if you’re willing to share. Plus, who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate? I’m obsessed, ya’ll.
Let me know if you give these a try. *I’ve provided links to all the ingredients that I use. Just click on the item and it will take you directly to it. 🙂
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or butter, melted)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (melted)
- 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips
- optional: 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, cinnamon, and baking powder. In a smaller bowl, mix together coconut oil, vanilla, egg, syrup, and peanut butter.
- Add wet ingredients with the dry and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake for 12-18 minutes, until just brown on the top.
- Cool for 10 minutes, and then eat while the chocolate is still melty. 🙂