Fluffy, flavorful, chocolatey, and peanut buttery, you need these pancakes RIGHT NOW!
Do you know what day it is? It’s NATIONAL PEANUT BUTTER DAY. What a good day, am I right? I love peanut butter. I love all nut butters. You know what goes good with peanut butter? Yes. That’s right. Chocolate. So to make sure you celebrate this day properly, I’ve made you some pancakes.
These pancakes are fluffy and soft and peanut buttery. YUM. The peanut butter and chocolate combo is immersed all throughout so each bite is delightful. The hubby is always my recipe tester especially when it comes to pancakes (or cookies) and he loved these. You can go wild with these. You could add peanut butter chips, peanuts, pb cups, bananas, ANYTHING. Go crazy… but not too crazy.
I don’t know about you but I plan on eating peanut butter for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and every snack. I may even put it into my coffee. I may wash my hair with it. The possibilities are endless. Peanut butter deserves all the love. *I’ve provided links to the ingredients that I use. Just click on the item and it will take you directly to it. 🙂
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk/water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Combine the wet with the dry and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat a sprayed, medium pan over medium high heat. When ready, pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Cook until crispy and light brown on both sides. Continue with the rest of batter.
- Plate some pancakes, top with butter/peanut butter/fruit/syrup/nuts or whatever else your heart desires and EAT.