These cookies are deliciously thick and full of chocolatey goodness. They are dairy, gluten, and grain free!
I am going to see The Plot tonight with the hubby and some friends. I don’t know about you, but I am not a fan of movie theater prices or (as crazy as it sounds) the snacks. I do like the cookie dough bites, though. I only like popcorn when it is subtly salty or covered in caramel… who’s with me?
I experimented with this recipe today and I am so glad I did because ya’ll best believe I am bringing a few (5 – 4 for me and 1 for Nick) of these to snack on during the movie. They are seriously thick and chewy and chocolatey and satisfying. Not only that, they are dairy, gluten, and grain free. While I am not any of these, I love trying new things and eating a variety of things.
I hope you guys enjoy these and have a good rest of your week! Let me know if you give these a try! *I’ve provided links to the ingredients that I use. Just click on the item and it will take you directly to it. 🙂
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Optional: Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a line cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, egg, brown sugar, cane sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add in almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda. Use your hands to mix and form a dough. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll 12 rounded tablespoon balls and place them on the cookie sheet. Use your hand or a fork to gently flatten each one.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly brown. If you want (you should), sprinkle with some sea salt.
- Allow to cool and then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool lest it crumbles all over the place.
- Eat and smile.